ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A85X Extreme4-M WoL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A85X Extreme4-M WoL
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 8:48am
I have picked up this older motherboard to upgrade my ageing HTPC. It works perfectly except I can't get WoL to work on it. I have built multiple PCs and this is the first one to beat me for WoL!

I have followed ASRock's FAQ which advises to enable Power on by PCI. Have also experimented with enabling / disabling a bunch of other BIOS settings with no joy. I have also tried a bunch of different Realtek drivers. I have a USB Ethernet adaptor which I have plugged in and it can wake the same system fine with the same adaptor driver settings.

An extra weird thing I have observed is the LEDs on the NIC are off when the computer is on standby but the switch that it is connected to indicates that it is connected. The switch LED also changes colour corresponding to the speed that has been set in the driver settings. It's like the NIC is on but the motherboard is ignoring it.

The manual says explicitly that it supports WoL but the only evidence online that someone has gotten it to work (in Windows 7 at least) is this post on a German Kodi forum.

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/46820-WOL-mit-ASRock-FM2A85X-Extreme4-M/

Anyone with this board or similar confirm that they can get WoL working and happy to share their settings?

Thanks!

spurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 9:25am
I thought I'd update for anyone who may suffer a similar problem. It turned out the issue was being caused by a PCIe TV tuner card (Videomate E750) that I had installed from my previous system. This card was buggy on this Asrock board with intermittent choppy video that I wasn't able to fix. Ended up removing the card and using a USB tuner card instead. Without the card installed WoL works perfectly even though the NIC LEDs are still off on standby.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic