ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeup computer using Bluetooth Device

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakeup computer using Bluetooth Device
    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:17am
Hi,

Just bought B450 gaming itx/ac.

I currently only have a microsoft bluetooth keyboard and Logitech MX anywhere 2s.

Is there a way to enable the system to wakeup using these devices? (currently have to push power button on case).

Thanks!
Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:37am
Found the Solution.

Device manager > Bluetooth > Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) > Properties > Power management

1. Then unclick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
2. And Click "Allow this device to wake the computer".

#2 was greyed out. So to make it selectable found a solution HERE:
[URL= ]https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/eflu18/allow_this_device_to_wake_the_computer_is_grayed/[/URL]

Which said, AND WORKED:
Open registry editor, browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters" and add "SystemRemoteWakeSupported" with a DWORD of 1 then restart. https://i.imgur.com/qHG8wcE.png

When adding "SystemRemoteWakeSupported" add as a new Dword 32-bit value.
Then right click and choose modify. Change value to 1.

Cheers.
Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:38am
I should mention I also played with some remote wake up options in the bios before doing all of the above, (none of which said bluetooth), so not sure any of those had an effect.
mandril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:56pm
@Robin I am having the same issue as you had trying to wake up my computer from sleep using a bluetooth keyboard. I have an ASRock B550M-ITX/ac which, I have been checking both manuals for this mobo and the one you have and they have the same wakeonlan capabilities.

I tried editing the regedit but the whole power management tab is missing from the intel wireless driver in device manager. I think they moved it to HID devices in Windows 10 2004. I tried enabling wake on bluetooth there but it is still not working.

Is this still working for you? Which version of Windows 10 are you running? tks!
Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:38pm
I have since changed to a Logitech mouse and keyboard and use the unifying receiver which is plugged into a USB port. If I recall, I had to fiddle with some settings to keep the USB port alive while sleeping.

My change to this mouse and keyboard was unrelated to this issue so not sure when it stopped working. Sorry.

Alen021 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alen021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 4:24pm
I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this altered the PnPcapabilities key. https://thegeekpage.com/allow-computer-to-turn-this-device-to-save-power-grayed-out/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic