ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASROCK Z170 FORMULA OC - Unable to go in bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASROCK Z170 FORMULA OC - Unable to go in bios
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 12:19am
Hi,

I had everything working fine, windows installed and keyboard mouse working fine.

Then I went to the bios to try manual overclocking, change values like core multi, voltage and so on.
Then next boot nothing.
After a few boot I have the message "Due to multiple boot error, bios now going reset mode, hit f2 or esc to go to bios menu or do nothing for uefi boot".

Pressing F2 or ESC do nothing : Unfortunately keyboard or mouse are not working (they are not even lighted on : like they are not connected).

Then the computer boots normally and i'm back at windows with working keyboard mouse but default bios settings.

I then try to reboot but it doesn't boot. then after a few tries, it's the same thing happening again with error message asking to press F2 or ESC, but doesn't work --> then boot to windows with default bios.

I tried to reset CMOS, it then boot and go to the bios, but i can't change anything : keyboard and mouse are not powered up

I'm a bit clueless about what to do now

Can someone help me ?
dhaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 12:40am
i was able to reboot and go to the bios, with the mouse/keyboard illuminated, but keyboard or mouse weren't working
bios seemed to work fine as date timer was going fine (seconds going on)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic