ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 gaming itx/ac disable bluetooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 gaming itx/ac disable bluetooth
    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:20am
Hi,

I have a computer behind a wall and monitor and keyboard/mouse etc on other side. I want to use a bluetooth dongle on my monitor (has integraded USB hub) instead of the onboard.

I've read its impossible for windows 10 to manage 2 bluetooth radios, so trying to disable the onboard radio. (Wifi is not used so would like to turn the whole radio off).

I don't see any options in the bios, but it does show in the user manual under advanced. Something has changed, perhaps with a bios update.

Anyone know where the option is to disable the Wifi/Bluetooth radio?

Thanks in advance!
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:37pm
disable the hardware in device manager
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
Robin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 1:41pm
Tried that. It got turned off but it Didn?™t work. Windows still didn?™t recognize the dongle radio as a radio.

It?™s possible the dongle doesn?™t work with windows 10 and that?™s where my problem stems from.

I?™ll update if I figure it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic