ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450M Pro4 Ethernet thinks cable is always unplugg
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 Ethernet thinks cable is always unplugg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_elias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 Ethernet thinks cable is always unplugg
    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:58am
I have a new B450M Pro4 Ryzen 5 3600 setup with a TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 wifi card installed. Until yesterday, I had only used the on board ethernet and the wifi card was enabled/installed but windows 10 had not connected to any wifi networks. Yesterday morning, after I connected to a wifi network in windows 10 and set a static IP on the ethernet connection for a different network, my ethernet port no longer detects any cable plugged into it. I have since changed the ethernet settings back to DHCP client mode and tried the original cable and other verified working cables and other ports on the network switch (also verified working with two other computers) but I cannot get the ethernet connection to connect again. On my switch I can see that it momentarily tries to detect a connection (port LED turns on) but after 1 second it turns off again, windows only shows "Network cable unplugged". I've updated my bios and turned off all power save/sleep modes I can find in for the ethernet controller. I have also tried a network reset in Windows.

What else can I try to fix this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic