ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 Fatality wont post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x399 Fatality wont post
    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:24pm
Hello!

I just got a new x399 fatality, because my previous board died and wasnt available anymore.
I installed the 1920x threadripper as well as 64gb, 8x4gb gskill F4-3200c16q-64gvk.
Also installed two m2 samsung 970evo

After turning it on, I get the following error codes: 14/15 C2 and the board shuts off. I cant find more information online about c2, but 14/15 seems to be a Ram issue. I tried various settings with the ram, starting from none, to just one or two.

If I turn on the PSU the red LED under the fatality metal plate starts of purple and turns into flashing red after a few seconds.

any help is appreciated. Can it be that the board is faulty?
thanks and best
guben

gubenhinden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:26pm
oh forgot to mention the PSU is a corsair AX1500i
nima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:57pm
have you cleared the CMOS ?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:11am
First of all, clear CMOS and pull the battery with power disconnected. Leave
it like this for 20 mins or so then put the battery back in.

Next, install a single RAM stick, the CPU and your GPU. Nothing else, no drives
no add in cards.

Power on the system with the RAM stick in slot a1, if it still gives an error
try the next slot. Also, do not power off the system, sometimes there are several
power cycles (PC turns on, flashes codes then turns off then back on again).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 12:48am
thanks for the answers and suggestions! Of course, I cleared the CMOS several times as instructed online. I tried with the minimal setup as well, only one Ram slot. I'll give it a shot with leaving the system on after it turns off. that seems the only option I have not tried yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 1:11am
as I ventured deeper into the testing, it might have been a faulty PSU, as for now the self test of my corsair PSU is failing. (which it didnt do before)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:59pm
a recent update on this. I replaced the PSU and it was working now for about 2 weeks. Just now the display turned black and restart brought the MB into an neverending loop. never see any display. When opening the case, I see the LED on the AMD x399 chip is flashing red before I even turn on the Power. Its so frustrating with the whole x399 Build... any ideas what this could be?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 12:37am
A red pulsing ring of LEDs around the Chipset heatsink? If you have not set your
RGB then that is normal. Try clearing CMOS and double checking your power
connectors. How reliable is your power? Is it possible you have over or under voltage
coming from your power socket?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 1:52am
thanks for the quick answer. why the hell would they make red as default ... :)
I have a brand new corsair 1500W PSU, replacement for a faulty one. The PSU self test was positive. the board keeps resetting. I did a bios update to 3.8, now back to 3.5 which it got shipped with, doesnt seem to make a difference. I can enter the bios sometimes, could even boot up windows shortly, but it keeps resetting most of the time at random error numbers. Tried with less Ram and also just replace the Graphics Card, but also with no different outcome. The board is brand new as well and as statet was working fine for the past weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gubenhinden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 2:01am
to be specific, its a corsair AX1500i, but since the last one broke after about a year, I wont trust this and see if I can get yet another replacement. not sure what else it oculd be.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic