ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two of my drives do not show up as boot devices
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two of my drives do not show up as boot devices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Drewmoore1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two of my drives do not show up as boot devices
    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 at 10:22am
Today I booted my computer into the BIOS and checked to see if my NVME was the priority boot device since i reinstalled windows 10 the day before. The NVME was the priority boot device. I then turned on fast boot and then booted my pc into the NVME. When my pc rebooted it booted straight into the BIOS and all of my boot devices were gone. I turned off fast boot and after rebooting the only device to appear was my drive with linux on it and my CDDVD drive. my two other drives were missing. I checked the storage configuration on the BIOS and all of my drives were there. They just are missing from the boot options. After booting into linux is can see all of my drives and can access them with no problem. After rebooting my PC tons of times my drives finally showed up and was able to boot into it fine, however when I restarted my PC they disappeared. I am guessing my motherboard is to blame. Should I update my BIOS? Is my motherboard defected.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic