ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Pro4 Usb 3.1 Gen 2 Port not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorodoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Pro4 Usb 3.1 Gen 2 Port not working
    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 2:48pm
I've owned the board probably for almost a year. Haven't used this port for external storage, since none of my drives/flashdrive is gen 2 USB 3.0/3.1 anyway. It work fine for other device (e.g. ps3 eye camera and USB 2.0 drive). But any USB 3.0 storage drive, won't connect (HDD / flash storage). My external HDD for example only light up but wasn't detected, another Flash Drive would trigger windows' USB connect sound, however in an err repeating way. Like [URL=https://streamable.com/lps5qw]this[/URL]

Problem is i've never tested a usb 3.0 device/storage on that port previously, so i can't tell if it was always like that since new.

Chipset driver is already at the latest.

Is this just the port not being backwards compatible with 3.1 gen 1, or I have a broken port, or some issues with any kind of drivers?

P.s. that unknown device in device manager is a virtualjoystick for headtracking not my plugged in drive.

SkyForce6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyForce6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 12:25am
I remember reading this very same post on ASRock SubReddit almost a month ago so it seems you have this issue long term now. Have you tried to power of the system by turning off the power supply for 5 minutes and then turn it on again? Sometimes that fixes these USB HOST controller issues in the BIOS.
gorodoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorodoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by SkyForce6 SkyForce6 wrote:

I remember reading this very same post on ASRock SubReddit almost a month ago so it seems you have this issue long term now. Have you tried to power of the system by turning off the power supply for 5 minutes and then turn it on again? Sometimes that fixes these USB HOST controller issues in the BIOS.

I'll give this a try
SkyForce6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyForce6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 4:51am
Originally posted by gorodoe gorodoe wrote:

I'll give this a try

Did you try it yet did it work?
gorodoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorodoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by gorodoe gorodoe wrote:

I'll give this a try

Did you try it yet did it work?

I have tried it, the port still doesn't work for USB 3.0 devices.
Natrix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 7:16pm
I would be interested if there is any solution? I have an issue with USB connection that may be related.

I have a Dell 27 USB-C-Monitor: P2720DC [URL=https://www.dell.com/de-de/shop/dell-27-usb-c-monitor-p2720dc/apd/210-aujs/monitore-und-monitorzubeh%C3%B6r]Link[/URL] which I use as a USB hub for mouse (Logitech wireless), keyboard (wired), USB headset and USB Webcam. I use an USB C (monitor side) to USB A (Mainboard side) to connect the monitor. Sometimes this works just fine, but about every second time I turn on the PC or wake it from suspend / sleep mode, the monitor's usb hub doesn't get connected. For video the monitor is connected via Display Port to the graphics card, so I still get an image, but I am not able to input anything, since keyboard and mouse are not working.

Unpluggin and replugging the usb connection to the monitor doesn't help in that case. I have to plug in the mouse and/or keyboard directly to the ASRock Mainboard, then they get connected without a problem. If I reboot the system usually it works again (but also not reliably).

This is very annoying, because it can take around 5 minutes until I can actually start using my computer. I believe that it is an issue with the ASRock B450M Pro4, because I have two other computers (notebook computers from work, one HP running Ubuntu, one Lenoveo running Windows) that work just fine with the monitor and have not caused this issue once so far.

On a side note, since this year I work regularly from home (like many others, because of Covid) and thus swith computers at least once daily. That is why I chose this set up, to be able to switch between computers easily. So pluggin in mouse and keyboard directly is not a satisfying solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic