ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H170M Pro4 resume from sleep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 7:29pm
Hi wardog.  Yes, the monitor detects a signal immediately when using the HDMI connection on the H170M PRO4.

The other most recent board I have here is a Gigabyte z77x-ud5h.  This doesn't exhibit the displayPort delay.  That board drives the same monitor fine be it connected to onboard HDMI, DVI or DisplayPort.

This monitor only supports native res via DVI or displayPort, and only 1080p via HDMI.
Whilst the H170M PRO4 outputs the required resolution on displayPort and HDMI outputs.

Luckily I spotted this limitation before commiting to buying a new mobo, as it severely limits my choice of H170 motherboard.  I almost overlooked it.  Annoying that the H|Z170 intel video dropped max DVI to 1920*1200.  A retrograde step compared to Z77.

russellmcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellmcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:04am
I didn't hear fro anyone as a result of my last post, so I went ahead and updated my Bios to the latest version. I rebooted several days ago and I'm still waiting for the monitor to wake up.

I think I'm going to have to remove my gpu and see if I can get a monitor signal using the on board graphics controller.

Inasmuch as I can't currently get to the bios the question is, do I have to do anything special to re-activate the on board graphics?

I hope I hear from someone with some experience with this motherboard, or I'm going to be forced to take the entire computer to a local pc shop.

Replies appreciated.
Regards,
Russell Cox
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:32am
Russell, in between you shutting it down to change from card to onboard, clear the CMOS via the remove the batter and rejigger the CLRCMOS jumper.

Onboard should work after that. You may to to reset any BIOS settings afterwards that it relies on for HDD/SSD settings. I would if you have RAIDed drives disconnect the prior so nothing gets hosed with the drives while doing this. A HDD is not req'd to get into the BIOS.
Tashawn22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashawn22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 2:33am
Has there been any update from Asrock on this?  I just got a custom build delivered with v1.0 of the bios installed.  I was having the same issue with no signal being delivered to the monitor after sleep and after crashes.  I flashed straight to the latest bios and it didn't fix the sleep issue (but it did solve the BSODs).  I'm going to try reverting back to bios v1.3 to see if it solves it.  Then, I guess I'll try flashing back to the latest to see if it sticks.  However, my prior understanding was that sequential flashing was not necessary. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic