ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Pro4 SATA configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Pro4 SATA configuration
    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 7:06am
I cannot seem to get any one of the 4 additional SATA ports to recognize a Seagate ST2000 HDD.

I have a Samsung EVO 500G SSD on SATA3_1, a DVD ROM on SATA3_2 and a Western Digital 1TB SSD on M2_2.

I have the Ryzen 5 2600X so I can only update BIOS to v3.5, I guess the Pinnacle is not compatible with any of the later versions.

I have a Radeon RX580 video card and I am running Windows 10 home build 19041.

i am aware of the shared resources of SATA3_3 and SATA3_4 and have avoided using either. However, I had to reboot numerous times to get the HDD to be recognized, each time moving the SATA port between rebooting! But recently after having to rebuild the Windows install, I cannot get it to recognize the drive at all!

Does anybody have any suggestions? I tried the BIOS option for 'hot swap' or whatever it is called, for the SATA.

BTW, I have added a USB to SATA adapter so I can at least access the drive which I use for my main archiving and general storage.
DaveAG - old guy!
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 11:41am
does the drive show up in the BIOS all the time or flaky there too?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
DavAG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 5:33am
It was flaky there, I remember seeing it a couple of times, but since rebuilding windows and restarting, it was gone. I checked at least three times in a row!
DaveAG - old guy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic