ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thunderbolt header and X99 boards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MondoTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thunderbolt header and X99 boards
    Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:31am
So sort of a pre-sales question - I want to have a PC which can access some Thunderbolt storage at a pinch. A lot of ASRock's X99 (and 170) boards feature a Thunderbolt AIC header which when coupled with the display port on a graphics card support Thunderbolt 2.

I was all set to buy but when I checked, at least in Australia, the add in card has been discontinued.  So are these boards really Thunderbolt compatible as advertised or have ASRock permanently discontinued these cards? Will a replacement card be coming out?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:15pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:18pm
MondoTV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MondoTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 8:05pm
Yes - I'm aware NewEgg sell them - I presume they are selling what is left of stock and they won't export them (see eBay listing). They've been discontinued in Australia.

See this ad for confirmation of end of life..
http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Motherboards/Accessories/58486-Thunderbolt_2_AIC?gclid=CJja-8vQksoCFQl8vQodOAIAhQ
MondoTV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MondoTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 8:10pm
And here is what happens when you log in to Newegg with Australia set as your regional preference.

http://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815548001&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6147925&SID=ij1corhwz80009ks00053

Does anyone know how I can contact AsRock directly with this question?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 11:21pm
Here is ASRock's contact page. You should find all the info you need to contact them directly there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic