ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme 7+ slow booting after BIOS update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hstumvoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme 7+ slow booting after BIOS update
    Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 12:51am
The boot time increased from about 20 to 50 seconds after I have updated the BIOS from 2.00 to 2.10. The new ASRock splash screen can be seen for approximately 20 seconds. I am not aware of any hardware changes or driver updates that could have caused any conflicts. To me it seems that the POST process is slowed down extremely for any reason. I would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Should I wait for the next BIOS update or downgrade to the old version or reset the CMOS?

Best regards,
Holger
hstumvoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hstumvoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 1:18am
Just a short update: With BIOS 2.31 Beta the boot time could be reduced back to 18-20 seconds. It seems that this version has been optimized for my Samsung SSD 950 Pro. Therefore I am totally satisfied now with regard to speed. There is only one strange thing: The M.2 slot with this SSD is still not listed in the BIOS. So there is further room for improvement.
peroni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 2:21am

The beta bios has been made to support specifically the 950 pro.
Are you saying it still does not show up anywhere in UEFI?

On my Z170 PRO4 board with a bios dated back in November the 950 pro shows up if I enable CSM

Edited by peroni - 16 Jan 2016 at 2:46am
Z170 PRO4
i5 6600
2x8GB Corsair DDR3000
SSD 950 Pro (OS) 850 Evo (data)
GTX 960 4GB
2x LCD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic