ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

CMOS 1.10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote condor64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CMOS 1.10
    Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 4:25pm
Hello

I have got a h170 itx/dl mother board . with core i5 6500
The system not boot from the first time i started ....4 bips and black screen
I just find this in a memory slot ...Should be from the mother board ?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 4:46pm
THOSE(?!!?) were in a memory slot? Of a board that had power applied?

Not good. Not good at all.

If the board was purchased new by yourself, and you yourself don't have a clue what those are, meaning they didn't drop from something you used in assembling the computer, return the motherboard to where you purchased it for exchange.

And then, hope like hell nothing else within or upon got killed in the episode
condor64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote condor64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 4:53pm
Thanks for reply . I will sent back to Amazon . I think those pieces are from the MB .....However could I request asrock technical for a nex cmos 1.40 in case i get a new mother board ?...
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:23pm
Sure. Ask politely and they may, may, send one to you for free or maybe just the cost of shipping.

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

Otherwise they charge 15.00 + shipping. Not bad, but not good either seeings you can one from a very reputable Seller on eBay flashed to the latest for far less than their $15.00+shipping.

Ask politely and tell them the new motherboard has a BIOS that doesn't support your CPU.

I'm also of the understanding, having never done it myself, that once assembled you simply need to flash to a BIOS revision that does. Use the Instant Flash method. The lower revision will/should support the CPU enough to allow up flashing to a newer BIOS.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Sure. Ask politely and they may, may, send one to you for free or maybe just the cost of shipping.

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

Otherwise they charge 15.00 + shipping. Not bad, but not good either seeings you can one from a very reputable Seller on eBay flashed to the latest for far less than their $15.00+shipping.

Ask politely and tell them the new motherboard has a BIOS that doesn't support your CPU.

I'm also of the understanding, having never done it myself, that once assembled you simply need to flash to a BIOS revision that does. Use the Instant Flash method. The lower revision will/should support the CPU enough to allow up flashing to a newer BIOS.

That is after you get your replacement from Amazon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic