ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Memory Support List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory Support List
    Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 10:39am
Is there a way to obtain the latest Memory Support List for the X99 Extreme4?  The bios updates show a lot of "Improve DRAM module compatibility" as the subjects but the list doesn't seem to have changed for a while.  I am currently running the 2.05 beta bios.

Basically I am hoping to update my RAM from a 16GB/2400 kit to a 32GB/2800 kit.  I just want to see if I can review the latest memory support list.  I've reviewed many posts on these forums but I cannot find an updated list.

Thanks!

System:
MB:ASRock X99 extreme4 (v1)
RAM:16GB/2400 Crucial kit
P/S:eVga 1200W
Video:2 x eVga 980GTX (v2 air cooling)
CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K water cooled
SSD:Samsung v-nand ssd 950 pro M.2 (PCIx 3 x4)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 2:54pm
The best source to determine if RAM is compatible with your board is the RAM manufacturer's site. While ASRock and other manufacturers do test a collection of RAM with their boards it is impossible for them to test every kit out there and then every kit that comes out after the release of a product. RAM manufacturers on the other hand can far more easily test their products an a broad array of motherboards.
grimreaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:08pm
Thanks for the reply. I had been visiting the memory sites but they seem to have moved on from testing on my "old" X99 board

I will probably try out a GSkill 32GB / 2800 kit. It's not like I'm even using much of my current 16GB, but more is better, right!!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 7:15pm
If it's in the budget, always Cool

Good luck Thumbs Up
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by grimreaver grimreaver wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I had been visiting the memory sites but they seem to have moved on from testing on my "old" X99 board

I will probably try out a GSkill 32GB / 2800 kit. It's not like I'm even using much of my current 16GB, but more is better, right!!

Link to what G.Skill themselves currently states is compatible with the X99 Extreme4

http://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=52&chip=2276&model=2297

Plenty of 32GB Kits to choose from listed!

Yea yea Xaltar. I'm working on it Ermm
grimreaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 1:23am
Yes-I had visited that and similar sites and found kits "only" up to 2666 for the extreme4. I was hoping with all the BIOS updates that faster XMP profiles would be supported. Thanks for all the input-and so quickly!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic