ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Pro4 UEFI questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Pro4 UEFI questions
    Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 12:57am
Hello all, 

I am a recent owner of a Z170 Pro4 board paired with a i5 6600 (non k).

The options available under OC Tweaker- CPU Configuration seem to be substantially less than what is shown on the manual and also to what was present with the original bios version.
I am running bios version 2.80 but tried 3.00 and all the previous ones without a change.

The only options I have listed are: 
BCLK Frequency
BCLK Spread spectrum
Intel SpeedStep Technology
Intel Turbo Boost Technology
Long Duration Power Limit
Long Duration Maintained
Short Duration Power Limit

I know that running a non-k CPU limits some of the entries but I am fairly certain the original bios had more

Can anybody confirm what's available in their menu?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 1:24am
You will want 3.0 as it will allow BCLK overclocking. Other settings may have been present in an older BIOS revision but they likely did not actually work. I had a BCLK option on my H170 board in an earlier BIOS version and it did nothing at all to the BCLK no matter what I set it to, the current BIOS version for my board no longer has the setting as it was non functional. This is probably the case with your board too. Also some settings will not be available when another setting is disabled.

All you need for a non K CPU however is BIOS version 3.0, the BCLK setting and CPU voltage settings. 
peroni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peroni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 2:23am
Thanks Xaltar, 

I have tried 3.0 but was unimpressed, I get much better stability with 2.8
However consider that I use the built-in GPU (waiting for a new GPU).

I do not understand why when setting BCLK to anything above 100 in UEFI the CPU multi gets reduced to 32 with no option for me to change it.
The only workaround is to set both Multi and BCLK in windows using A-Tune.
Seems like somebody forgot to add something, maybe will be fixed in the next bios version.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 2:32am
Ah, using Sky-OC (BCLK overclocking with 3.0) will disable the iGPU so you will need to hold off on OCing till you get a dedicated GPU. Once you do you can set the BCLK to frequencies over 104/5 without losing stability.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic