ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970M Pro3 VRM components

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by PetrolHead PetrolHead wrote:

Hmm. You are of course absolutely correct. I don't know where I got the idea that that some of FIVR's workload would now be transferred to the actual VRM as added stress.

I really need to stop reading this sort of mildly technical stuff at 3 am...

Meh, I'm guilty of late night reading too. I've made a post or two here while doing so. And oh how I love suffering Foot in Mouth Syndrome. Prolly as much as you I imagine.

Na, for however infinitesimally miniaturized the actual FIVER regulator is tucked away under a CPUs lid, again, I don't for one second fathom THAT much extra load, and in turn much if any extra heat generation, being shifted to the much beefier/heartier motherboards VRM component section.

No pun intended but it boils down to dissipation and physical size.
brock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 3:50pm
I have the 970m and i had my concerns until i found a page where a guy has his 8320 on this bored at 1.45 volts at 4.5 and i thought he was insane, so i overclocked my 8320 to 4.3 cuz i only have a H60 cooler and the VRM heatsink was hot but not burning the sh*t out of myself so i added a 40mm fan i have blowing right on the head sink and the thing never even gets warm. so just like anything with proper cooling sh*t can get used with a FX 8 series just fine at an OK OC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic