ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Pro4 XMP Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GummiTier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Pro4 XMP Problem
    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:13am
Hi, i´m new here. Here´s my Rig:

ASRock B450 Pro4 (Bios 4.50)
16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3600 DIMM CL17 Dual Kit
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 3070 Founders Edition
600 Watt Kolink International Modular Power 80 PLUS Bronze
HP X27i - 27" WQHD IPS 144Hz via DP

Now my problem. I had all this running without any problem. RAM worked fine with XMP Profile at 3600mhz, everything was great, no crashes, no problem.
Then i saw there where 10 new updates for my bios (sadly i cannot remember which Bios i was on before the Update).
So i updated to 4.50 and now two Problems:
The full-screen logo page is not full screen anymore (was before)
When using the same XMP Profile for my 3600mhz RAM, my PC shuts down after a couple of minutes. Not bluescreen, no warning. Event log only shows kernel power 41 error.
HELP PLS
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:33pm
There is a note at the top of BIOS list pag saying that Asrock does not recommend upgrading BIOS if your system is running fine.

Have you updated your chipset driver to the latest as well?
You could try leaving XMP profile on auto and setting up your RAM speed and voltage manually :)
folding@home
GummiTier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GummiTier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:57pm
Every Bios has this "we are making sure not getting sued"-line and still people use the newest bios.....
Yes Chipset drivers are up to date. Tried setting RAM speed at 3600 and 1,35v but still crashing. Only stable at auto 2133mhz.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 5:39pm
Have you tried step by step increments going up from 2133Mhz, to see which speed it starts to be unstable?
Also try one stick at a time, to see maybe by some miracle one of them is failing. You can also increase VRAM to 1.36-1.37v safely to see if it helps.

These types of manufacturer f**k ups is the reason they put these warning to not update if its already working.
I recently had to upgrade BIOS because I ungraded a CPU, and now I cannot have stable memory speed which I had previously, so I had to compromise and drop it down a notch, all because the BIOS seems to be bugged. I could downgrade, but it would not support my CPU anymore. It is unfortunate, that Asrock does not have downgrade option with older motherboards :(
folding@home
GummiTier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GummiTier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:29pm
Will try, thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic