ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cannot enter UEFI anymore, on two AM4 motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot enter UEFI anymore, on two AM4 motherboards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voidwalker3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot enter UEFI anymore, on two AM4 motherboards
    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:29am
Hello.
First problem arose on an x370 taichi motherboard. with ryzen 2700x.
At one point I noticed that I cannot go into the UEFI anymore, just a white charachter cursor appears, and then everything frozen. (cannot turn on/off num lock on keyboard). I associated this even with the changing of RAM modules, it was about at the same time. I trid reflshaing, downgrading,upgrading bios, resetting settings, many times, nothing worked.

Now, a year later, same cpu, same RAM modules. HyperX Predator 3000mhz HXC15PB3K2/16. But brand new Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard. I noticed that windows can only use 8 out of the 16gb installed (8.1GB Hardware reserved), and tried to debug this problem. At one point I did reset bios to defaults, saved, and rebooted. After that I could never enter UEFI again. I tried reflashing to the same version (3.70), resetting the settings with the jumper.. two times each, it didn't help. At least this motherboard is in warranty and i can send it back.

I identified I have faulty RAM module and put it aside, but even with good RAM, it does not want to enter UEFI anymore. I have a feeling there's some bug in the asrock AM4 bios code that the faulty ram triggered and maybe did some permanent damage ? I don't know what to think, this is too weird.

If you have any suggestions on how I can restore my UEFI access, please share. Yes, I did try the asrock restart to uefi utility, it just freezes like normal pressing of f2/delete (shows a white underscore charachter cursor in the upper left corner in the middle of the screen, and that's it.).

voidwalker3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voidwalker3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 8:43pm
Later update: tried flashing the latest bios version (the one that enables 5000 series cpus) and now it's working again. This did not work on the x370 Taichi.
Maybe someone can still suggest a way to resurrect x370 taichi uefi.
voidwalker3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voidwalker3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:50pm
Dead forum ? :\
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic