ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z170 ITX/ac Temps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:36am
You should check what Intel considers the maximum temperature for these CPUs. As long as you're under that and as long as the system is stable under stress testing, you should be fine. 40 minutes of stress testing should be enough for the temperatures to plateau, but I wouldn't consider it enough to prove stability. What are you using for stress testing by the way?
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
SlackerKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlackerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 12:38pm
Tj Max is 100c. 

I used Prime95 v26.6.

I've played some games tonight and everything seems good so far. I'll keep an eye out on the temps.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 12:53pm
You never had a temperature discrepancy issue in the first place. BTW, what are you using to check CPU temperatures, the Corsair Link software?

That is known to be rather buggy software. I would get a second opinion with something like HWiNFO, which reads CPU temperatures from the CPU. Of course if you believe sub-room air temperatures are impossible for PC components, then you'll think you still have problems.

When you ran the two stress tests, if you did not duplicate the conditions with the fan speeds on the CPU cooler, then you can't compare the resulting temperatures.

Your first post said no OC, and now you have an OC to 4.6GHz. If you are comparing the CPU temperatures between no OC and your current OC, that again is comparing two different situations.
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 6:16am
Originally posted by SlackerKing SlackerKing wrote:

used Prime95 v26.6.

I would run Prime95 for at least three or four hours to test stability. So far I haven't seen any instabilities on my system if the three hour mark is passed without errors or warnings (meaning that if I've run 8 hours of Prime95 afterwards, there has been no issues). However, I have seen workers being dropped just before the two hour mark. Of course, it all depends on what is stable enough for you. Even 24 hours of faultless Prime95 is not a 100% guarantee. Another test you might want to try is the RealBench stress test, which doesn't take the temperatures as high as Prime95, but according to the developer it loads all of the subsystems so that every component of the system is under heavy stress (which also takes the power consumption to new heights). Prime95 is a more limited and more synthetic stress test, even if it does seem to be the standard for those OCing their system.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic