ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish list for Intel CPU onboard series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rastafisch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish list for Intel CPU onboard series
    Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 5:00pm
Hi Guys,

This topic is just to make Asrock Team aware how the Intel CPU onboard line-up can be improved and made  more reasonable and appealing for the customers.

I do not want to say something bad about the new 14nm Intel CPUs Asrock is using on the onboard solutions. Yes, they have little bit better Graphics, but Hey, People!... CPUs with only 1x4 PCI-express configuration and single thread performance of 450 in Passmark (weaker than old school dual core Pentium E2140 with 1Mb cash, build back at 2007)

Two years ago, in 2013 some motherboard manufacturers build nice small form factor motherboards with Celeron 1037U (and with full size DDR3). That CPU still outperforms by far the new Braswell or Bay trail CPUs in terms of CPU calculation per core (Single Thread Rating in passmark: 944) and has PCI express configuration 1x16, 2x8 and so on.

Asrock Team, I suppose there are many many people that will be gratified with having an onboard CPU solution for their NAS, small server or HTPCs with a decent CPU.

Please consider the new upcoming Celerons and Pentium U series and offer us at least one motherboard build with them. I am sure there will be plenty of customers for it.

You could check the following Intel CPUs: 3755U, 3855U, 3955U or why not 4405U or at least 4405Y

The last two
4405U and 4405Y support PCI express version 3.0 and all the CPU listed above have 10 PCIe lanes. 10 is much better than only 4, for graphics, for SSD, for...
I am sure You will know how to  make use of them ;)

I will wait and hope you do not miss this opportunity.

Thanks and Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic