ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M PRO4-F and BSOD?™s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonifiedsimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M PRO4-F and BSOD?™s
    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:31pm
Hi everyone,

So I seem to be having some issues regarding my new build. I bought a second hand motherboard (B450M PRO4-F), along with a Ryzen 5 1600x and 2 sticks of 8G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400MHz RAM.

These are the 3 parts I have replaced and kept other parts such as my GPU (GTX 970), 1TB HDD, Corsair CX500M PSU. Also have a new blank 2.5??SSD I just bought.
So I installed the new parts and put the system together and attached the SSD via SATA and created a USB Windows 10 installation media from another computer. I selected to boot up from the USB and the windows logo loads for no more than 2/3 seconds and it blue screens.

This is on a fresh SSD with only this plugged in, along with the USB boot installation media and keyboard/mouse.

I am in a continuous loop of the BSOD?™s and get different errors each time. Errors include:
KMODE_EXCPETION_NOT_HANDLED
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I can access the BIOS no problem and change settings around, it registers the CPU, it registers the RAM. I have tried using just one stick of RAM in different slots, still registers but no difference and still BSOD?™s.

The version of the BI OS states 1.6 and looking at the version list, there is a note on this version that states: ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU is being used on your system. More on this, looking at the CPU support list, 1600x is mentioned but as a Summit Ridge CPU which it states ASRock do not recommend updating to this version, so I assume the previous owner had a CPU compatible with this version ??do I need to downgrade to 1.5?

What could be wrong to cause this?

Thanks in advance.
StefaanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefaanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 4:46am
Do know that a ssd may have a faulty cells to a certain level and still sell the ssd.
In this case windows setup fails, try the 1.5 bios
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic