ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 taichi BIOS blank screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefaanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 taichi BIOS blank screen
    Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:43pm
The system (windows10 pro 64 bit, runs fine but the board does not show the bios on boot with F2 and DEL keys, the monitor picks up a signal via display port but the screen stays blank.

BIOS version according to CPU-Z: 3.20 (version 1.1.0.0)

The funny part is, I know that I'm in the bios cause when I press the power-knob on the computer it switches of immediately. So that means I was in the BIOS but nothing to see on the screen.

What could have caused this? Fast boot or something or some other app that ruin the video. AMD RX580 video , 128GB DDR4, 400GB pci-e SSD, Samsung evo 950 M2 SSD, Asus Xonar essence audio card. Drivers up to date. If the graphical bios can not load, then a text presentation should appear not?
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:46pm
x99 is Intel platform :) Would have more chance to get help in Intel motherboard section :)
folding@home
StefaanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefaanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:51pm
It's the X399 taichi
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:01pm
With fast boot nothing shows up, thus it is not recommended. Why it is even an option, I will never know. Fast Boot can be reset by resetting BIOS itself to factory defaults.
folding@home
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic