ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock B550m Pro4 hdmi/display not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sqlcode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock B550m Pro4 hdmi/display not working
    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:47am
Below is my configuration.

Processor             :- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer     :- ASRock
BaseBoard Product     :- B550M Pro4
GPU                     :- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
OS                      :- Windows 10 Enterprise

I am trying to connect multiple monitors to my pc but I am not detecting any signal on monitors when I am connected through display port, HDMI port or Type C port of the mother board itself.

I am able to connect using GPU's HDMI port.

Could someone please help me understand what's missing?

Thanks,
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:46pm
Dear Sqlcode,
Thank you for the posting.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X doesn't have iGPU.
To output multiple monitors, we recommend connecting all the monitors to the discrete GPU.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
StefaanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefaanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:15pm
a modern monitor should switch automatically to the correct port and if not adjust the display to display port; your ti has one display port, a hdmi port and a dvi slot, you can hook up one monitor to each port but toggle the monitors to the correct port cause if a monitor is connected as hdmi and later display port , the auto detection fails frequently. And do note the speed the system will get slower by doing so cause the graphics adapter has to drive 2 to 3 monitors so FPS drops.
StefaanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StefaanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:40pm
and note a USB-C port can deliver video if this port is on the video card or the bios of the computer allows video but if there is no on-board video this will not be possible
USB-C is fast enough and a IGP can use such port if located on the back of the computer but since you are using a nvidea 1050ti usb-c not possible sure not under windows 10.

another thing:
display port can drive two monitors (smt) but they share the same image.

And to use multiple ports you have to enable that in the geforce driver first or otherwise video to one port , do read the GPU manual related to multiple screens and, it goes best with identical monitors.
sqlcode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sqlcode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:22pm
Thank you. This should be marked as resolved
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic