ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H61M-DG3/USB3 - no surround sound

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H61M-DG3/USB3 - no surround sound
    Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:54am
Have set up PC with H61M-DG3/USB3 motherboard with onboard 5.1 sound (5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec). Connected up my 4.1 speaker set to it, and installed the relevant drivers. It shows up in Device Manager as a generic "High Definition Audio Device".

However, when I check Control Panel-> Sound, only the option "Speakers - 2-High Definition Device" is shown. If I select that and select "Configure Speakers", I'm only shown the option "Stereo".

Any help appreciated,

P.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:19pm
How exactly is your 4.1 speaker(s?) connected to the PC?

What type of connection(s) does your 4.1 speaker system have?

Does your PC case have an HD Audio cable connected to the mother board?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 2:13pm
Pg 14 in your Manual:

** To enable Multi-Streaming function, you need to connect a front panel audio cable to the front
    panel audio header. Please refer to below steps for the software setting of Multi-Streaming.

For Windows®  XP:
    After restarting your computer, you will find ?œMixer??tool on your system. Please select ?œMixer
    ToolBox??(((IMAGE)), click ?œEnable playback multi-streaming?? and click ?œok?? Choose ??CH??or
    ??CH??and then you are allowed to select ?œRealtek HDA Primary output??to use Rear Speaker
    and Front Speaker, or select ?œRealtek HDA Audio 2nd output??to use front panel audio. Then
    reboot your system.

For Windows®  7 / VistaTM:
    After restarting your computer, please double-click ?œRealtek HD Audio Manager??on the
    system tray. Set ?œSpeaker Configuration??to ?œQuadraphonic??or ?œStereo?? Click ?œDevice
    advanced settings?? choose ?œMake front and rear output devices playbacks two different audio
    streams simultaneously?? and click ?œok?? Then reboot your system

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic