ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Gaming-ITX and Windows 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Daemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Gaming-ITX and Windows 7
    Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 2:56am
I figured out before that I needed to format it to Fat32 to get it to work in the BIOS, but I tried to do it with the files already on the drive. It did a download and then nothing. I did it with an empty drive and it still seems like it did nothing. Does this patch and then work in Windows 7 once I boot up? I am reinstalling an ISO to a USB with the USB patcher now to reinstall Windows again. I had 7 installed before, but no drivers worked on it.

ASRock has been kind of useless in assisting me with this.

I also tried pre-patching a Windows ISO with all updates with NTLite, but it won't install windows without the USB patch and that failed when I tried on one computer. I might try to re-mount the ISO on another computer (the one that successfully put Windows on a drive for me).
x6phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:49pm
Oh wow, wish I had checked earlier.

Anyway I decided to go ahead with Windows 8.1. I think the problem was with my Windows 7 version (Ultimate N).

Maybe it will help someone else.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:40am
You can go into your bios with a fat32 formatted flash drive connected to the system then under tools you can download your lan drivers directly in the BIOS. Be sure to set your region before doing so or you will take forever to download. I have tried this myself and it works great. Alternatively you can download the drivers on another machine onto a flash disk and install them. Then you can install ASRock App Shop and from the driver tab select and install the drivers you need. 
x6phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:17am
Hi there,

I cannot get Windows to recognize any USB device.

I installed using both Asrock USB 3.0 Win7 flash disk and Intel tools. WIth both of them, installation went fine, but inside windows 7 desktop, my usb mouse, keyboard dont function (until I enable PS/2 emulation) and USB drives are not detected either.

Which means I cant install drivers and also have no internet connection (because drivers again).

Anyway around it? Or just go ahead with Windows 8.1.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic