ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU temperature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU temperature
    Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:58pm
My BIOS revision is v1.7. Motherboard is Z170 Gaming-ITX. CPU is 6700k

In the BIOS, my CPU temp is 40-45C. When I use software (hwinfo or RealTemp), it says my temperature is 25C.

Which is correct? Even with BIOS v1.0, the CPU temps were around ~40
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:45pm
That is normal, both temps are accurate. When in the BIOS the CPU is loaded more so than it is at idle in windows which results in higher temps in BIOS. I have observed this behavior in a number of motherboards. There is nothing to be concerned about Wink
x6phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 11:43pm
okay, ive also noticed my CPU jumps to 70C in a split second when running Prime95 small FFT

not used to that lol :D

thanks!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:57am
Yeah that is normal too, it freaked me out the first time I saw that on my Haswell system. It is due to the small manufacture process, the smaller the process the faster the heat spike under load. What is important is that it does not spike too high and that it goes down again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic