ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z97 extreme9 networking problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

My guess is you're not, as having Admin Rights would bypass any and all security that Streams would present as a threat in cab files.

Sorry. My brain is still playing catch up to my fingers and the KB

ie: quoted in this post

Though, If over RD I can't say that with 100% surety. RD does limit some Security that would normally be afforded a "Local" Admin.
timothj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 10:06pm
Back @ 6pm (in 4 hours time)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 1:29pm
Get any further yet concerning this?
timothj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 3:03pm
Back to basics.

Full re-install of w7x64.sp1. Installed VGA, USB and LAN latest drivers in that order. No other drivers to muddy the water. File copying problem persists. Installed BIOS 1.90. File copying problem persists.

I have also re-built a Gryphon Z97 machine in pretty much the same way as the Z97 Extreme9. Coincidentally they have the same i218v network chip. No file copy problem on the Gryphon. I have tried the Gryphon's LAN driver (it's also Intel's) on the Extreme9, no difference, file copy problem persists.

I am now using the Gryphon as my main machine with the Extreme9 as secondary machine. This means I can try out any ideas (even drastic full re-install ones!) without affecting my workflow.

Ideas welcome :)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:45pm
timothj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 7:55pm
Form filled in, thank you for your attention to this problem.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:25pm
NP. Sorry to have drug you along THIS far to no resolution.

W/O knowing your network lay there I've gone right up to a mis--managed switch and conflicting IP's.

Hopefully TSD can help further. If you remember please post back the fix/solve/issue you two come to.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:28pm
But I exhausted every thing I've ever encountered.

Good luck there.
timothj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:09am
It would appear after working through further tests with AsRock technical support  that my Extreme9 is slightly off spec. with respect to the PCH-hosted PCI-E lanes resulting in 1 byte in error every 250kB or so. When the Realtek NIC is plugged into slot 2, file copy corrpution occurs, in slot 1 there are no errors (as this slot is CPU-hosted). I am planning to use slot 4 for the GPU for OpenCL development, so this may be an issue.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic