ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock H170m Pro4 Odd Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaker15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock H170m Pro4 Odd Issues
    Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:04am
So I have a ASRock H170m Pro4 with an Intel i5-6500 and had issues with the fans. I have a single back fan and a front fan (and a cpu fan obliviously) And when i started using it I had both as a 3 pin fan and was able to control the speeds just fine but then I decided to try using a PWM 4 pin fan but it turned out to be making an odd noise and was noisy so I switched it back to my 3 pin fan and it would only spin at 100% no matter if it was in the OS or the BIOS, I even tried loading defaults in the BIOS. So just as a last resort I left the 3 pin fan in there at 100% and updated my BIOS to 1.9 and then all of a sudden it started working again.... Seamed really weird, any ideas?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:38am
I've seen, edr read of, this happening.

My guess is somewhere between the BIOS and I/O chips things freaked, then in your instance here the matter of the flash procedure clearing and overwriting the BIOS to 1.90 also cleared out the "inconsistency'

In the one I remember, and what I;ll suggest to you, is if this happens again, pull the CMOS battery and jigger the CLRCMOS jumper for 3-4mins, then reverse them to reboot and you'll find this issue gone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic