ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

XMP Profile issues on Z170 Extreme7+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvt.dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XMP Profile issues on Z170 Extreme7+
    Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 3:24am
I just built my system last night with the following memory kit,

G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 3733 

At first The XMP profile seemed to be working perfectly I had no issues it was booting into bios fine restarting fine no issues (there was no OS at this point though) While I was waiting for my USB installation media to finish being created I decided to update the bios to the new 2.50. Since then the xmp profile to set the memory at the stock clock of 3733 causes the board not to boot and fail then ask me to enter the bios and change the settings. 

anyone know of a good way of resolving this issue? Even if it's rolling back a BIOS ver I don't mind. 

Thanks for the assistance.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 3:30am
You can back-flash so long as you have a stable system. Use the Instant Flash method and file.
pvt.dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvt.dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 3:35am
Thanks War, This is my first ASRock so I wasn't sure what features were available. (Yet)

Yes the system is stable as long as I use the auto settings. With Auto I installed windows drivers the whole nine no problem. I'll give that a go tonight. Much appreciated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic