ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stock CPU overheating to 90 in 4 minutes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Atomic Atomic wrote:

The pump is connected to the "CPU FAN2" connection.
I have also tested this connection on another pin header on the motherboard and I get the same issue.

Like I said earlier, on occasion...sporadically the RMP speed under the FAN Connector which has the pump connected stops showing an RPM speed.
It show's N/A and the temperature climbs very rapidly and within a minute the computer shuts down from overheating.

I can't figure out if this is a fault with the Motherboard FAN Connections or the CPU Cooler!!!
I'm scratching my head on how to RMA or resolve this.

There is nothing wrong with your mother board, or the CPU Cooler.

The fault is with how you have the pump connected to your mother board.

The pump is in the part that you connect to the CPU. For small AIO liquid coolers like this one, the pump should be running at one speed, full speed all the time. The pump speed should NOT change like the fan speed changes.

Your board has a fan connection called PWR FAN1, that is just below the 24 pin connector for the PSU. Connect the wire from the PUMP to the PWR FAN1 connector. That will run the pump at full speed all the time, as it should be.

Or if you have a four pin molex to three pin fan adapter that comes with some PC fans, you can connect the pump directly to the PSU. That is how I used all of my AIO liquid coolers, I gave them a full 12V of power with no controls in the way to slow them down.

When you have the pump connected to the CPU FAN2 connector, it is NOT running at full speed. If you can set the CPU FAN2 connector to Full On, then do that, if you can control the fan on the radiator by itself. If you see NA for the pump speed, no wonder your CPU is over heating. The pump speed should be 2200 RPM, +/- 10%, which means between 2420 and 1980 RPM. Or, anything less than 2000 RPM is not right.

What fan speed profile did you select for the CPU_FAN2 connector? The default setting? Any setting except FULL ON is wrong for your pump.

The best way to connect the pump to your PC is either of the first two methods I suggested, either use the PWR FAN1 connector, or connect it directly to the PSU.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic