ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Desktop goes on, and off after few seconds, and on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Desktop goes on, and off after few seconds, and on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
necakaranfil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote necakaranfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desktop goes on, and off after few seconds, and on
    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 4:04pm
Hello, i'm having some problems with my desktop. I've never had a similar problem to this so i don't know how to explain it simply.

When i turn it on, i'm getting nothing back, it doesn't boot anything but the fans are spinning. So i have to force shut it down by holding the power on button. When i do so the next time it starts it shuts off after a second or two, and turns on by itself a few seconds later, but still doesn't boot anything. no matter how many times i do this i'm getting the same response. I've had a similar problem with the same desktop previously but usually it turns on after spamming it to hell.

This always happens when i open my pc to clean it. This happened a week ago, and after some time it booted successfully. I had to upgrade my ram to 32gb yesterday, and it goes in the same loop again. I tried placing the old ram, and still no luck.

Tried reassembling it, changing the cmos battery, tried components on other devices, everything is working. Checked the power supply (manually) with multimeter it seems to be ok. And also it booted successfully a few days ago. So i don't think anything is faulty except maybe the motherboard. Did anyone have similar problems? And how did you fix it?

Motherboard: Asrock z370 pro4
735w supply.
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
CPU: I7-8700k
32gb Geil ram. (4x8gb)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic