ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

pci sound card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L0neWari0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pci sound card
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:25pm
Hello, I have b450 steel legend motherboard and a x1 pci xonar dgx sound card, and it only works into second video card pci x16 slot, why so? Other slots do not define it.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:27am
Can you give more details? Full system specification and so on? Checked the user manual for any notes and PCI-E configuration and sound cards? Lots of missing info to try and isolate what the issue might be.
L0neWari0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L0neWari0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:52pm
The card simply does not appear in the BIOS or the system in other slots, as if it lacks power or something similar, although the card does not need it. There is nothing in the manual, I tried some settings in the BIOS, which mentions PCI, nothing has changed.

My specs:
r5 3600
16gb ddr4 3466
rtx 2070s
2 hdd, 1 ssd
psu 600w
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:21pm
This is quite odd for sure I have an Xonar DX (basically the DGXs bigger brother) and have never experienced this issue in any board I've used it with. Does your DGX show up in device manager as an unknown multimedia device or anything like that? Might be worth giving the unixonar drivers a try, they are much more updated than the official drivers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L0neWari0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 5:09am
No, the card is simply not visible in other slots. If I'm not mistaken, the DX has an additional 4-pin power connector.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 6:36pm
Indeed the DX has an additional power connector but the DGX had a redesign so that wasn't necessary but it is very similar. Have you tried other PCI-E devices in the slots the DGX won't work in? If need be you can pick up a cheap PCI-E sound card for like £5-10. Looking into things looks like Asus has EOLd your card (along with mine) and replaced them with the SE and AE as they are no longer to be found on the asus website at all. The DGX not being recognised in most slots sounds (heh... see what I did there? :D ) like an unusual incompatibility either with the PLX PCI-E bridge chip the DGX uses or a firmware bug\incompatibility either board or sound card side, if its the latter don't expect any help from asus as far as they are concerned that card is legacy and thus dead to them now.

You could try sending Asrock support an email as well to see if it is a bug with the B450 STL firmware, otherwise your best bet is likely going to be to pick up an Xonar SE or AE.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L0neWari0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:12pm
Well, it works pretty well in the second graphics card slot, I was just wondering why it doesn't want to work in others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic