ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ram Issue on X99M 3.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drgzrbd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ram Issue on X99M 3.1
    Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 1:35am

having an Issue with booting up first time on this board (Killer x99m 3.1) . Dr debug giving error Code b0 tried clearing CMOS and inserting sticks one at a time same error.  the ram I am using is Trident Z 16GB Dual channel 3000mhz memory (F4-3000C15D-32GTZ) and not on the supported memory list. Is there a Bios setting or Firmware update I can do to use this ram? 

Thanks!

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:25am
I noticed recently that G.SKILL has an X99 and Z170 version of the Trident Z memory. Whether or not that makes a big difference, I don't know.

You should be using the two DIMM slots that are the farthest away from the CPU socket, which are the two black slots to the far left and far right side of the board.

Clear the CMOS after inserting the memory. Let it start at the default speed at least once, before using the XMP profile.

There is a new UEFI version, version 1.20, that was released yesterday for your board, that might help with memory compatibility.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic