ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Fata1ity Gamin X + 3800X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdelano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Fata1ity Gamin X + 3800X
    Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 5:08am
Hello

I had a 1700 with P5.20 UEFI, I installed the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL that was indicated for P5.50. Then restarted my PC, updated the UEFI to P6.00 as per the CPU Support list, then shutdown my PC and swapped the CPU.

After the normal retraining time my PC restarted and I entered UEFI to make sure the new CPU was displayed, it was. Okay, all looks good. I save and restart and it takes 10 minutes to boot into Windows 10 21H1.

I have a NVMe boot drive and it normally takes only a few seconds to reboot. I have a 600W PSU (with 1 GPU 500W is fine) and an RX 570 4gb.

I don't see any errors logged in the event viewer, but just trying to watch a youtube video is impossible as the sound studders like bad drivers.

Does this MB just not pair well enough with the 3800X?

Thank you
X370 Fatat1ty and B450M-hdv r4.0
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 5:16am
You can try uninstalling the all in one driver and reinstalling it. It could be as
simple as needing a refresh on the drivers to clear out the 1700 config fully.

If that does not help then try entering safe mode then rebooting back to normal
mode. This should add any missing essential drivers.

Failing that, it could be the OS itself not liking the change of CPU. If all else
fails and you have another drive, try removing your boot drive and install
a fresh copy of windows on the spare. If that runs normally then it's likely
just your windows install needing a refresh/reinstall.

Edited by Xaltar - 25 Jun 2021 at 5:17am
jdelano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdelano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 8:08pm
I went with the reinstall, working perfectly fine now. I had been tossing around doing a refresh install as it has been a few years but you know what that convo in your head goes ha!

Plus I'm getting 250Mbs down faster than I was previously, on my 1Gb Xfinity internet, due to drivers on top of drivers etc.
X370 Fatat1ty and B450M-hdv r4.0
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 8:36pm
Awesome, glad to hear you got it sorted. An old OS install can really slow things
down and cause headaches, especially when you make hardware changes along the way.
I think my OS has been going for about 4 years now Same thing, that voice in
your head telling you that you are going to lose data or you lost a license key...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic