ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 taichi razer edition & G-Skill RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotpepere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 taichi razer edition & G-Skill RAM
    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 5:01am
Hello
I am french and freshly registered on the forum
I have a B550 taichi razer edition and 32 Gb G.SKILL F4-3466C16-8GTZR DDR4.Ram motherboard that I got from my old asus Maximus IX intel card. and as many noted on many forums there are problems managing the RVB / RGB of the G.skill ram.
I think I have done a lot of testing:
1.00.24 and 1.00.26 beta tested of G.skill, installation and uninstallation of synapse, complete shutdown of all power supplies, relocation of the bar slots, update of the bios to 1.5 and update of the led firmware of the MB and the result works,! .... but not for long. without synapse with just the G.skill software the color management is active 2 or 3 min then I gradually disrupt the management of the strips one by one ... for in the end bars completely black. Ditto via synapse. So for me it is not software but hardware. So I will have 2 questions?
1 - it could come from the model of ram that I installed which is not completely compatible with the motherboard at the level of the management of the leds knowing that G.Skill released the F4-3466C18ré-16gTZRXB in RGB and especially designed for MB AMD

2 - This could be due to the absence of the "SPD WRITE" option (which corrected my similar problem on my old asus motherboard) in the UEFI bios preventing access to the LED management chips ... This which would seem completely crazy to me because it is a motherboard specially designed in partnership with razer for the "colorful" side.

thank you in advance for your help and your insights
B550 Taichi razer edition
Ryzen 7 3700X
NZXT X63
32gb G-skill F4 3466
GTX 1070 ti
M2 sandisk extreme pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic