ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A-tuning FAN-tastic tuning graphs are corrupt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CescoAiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-tuning FAN-tastic tuning graphs are corrupt
    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 7:53pm
Today I tried modifying the SB fan graph a little bit, as it was a bit wonky, and the app froze and the Nuvoton NCT6796D chip became inaccessible (I could tell because I use HWINFO to track temps, etc.)

Since restarting the PC, all fans are on max speed all the time, and the graphs in the FAN-tastic Tuning section are corrupt. The control points are outside the actual graph, so I cannot modify them. On the SB fan graph there is 1 point visible, but if I move that one, it looks like the next point is set somewhere at 250C/100%!!!

How can I get my control points back inside the graphs, so I can set the curves properly again?

Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 4:23am
I would recommend uninstalling the A-Tuning software first. Then restart and enter BIOS and adjust your fan speeds from there. That is a baseline for A-Tuning to read. You might already have several profiles saved in BIOS, just reload one of those that you know is correct. Once the PC starts and the fans are functioning properly, then reinstall the A-tuning software, and go from there.
cbor77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 4:50pm
The problem still exists.

I have contacted AsRock technical support and got this response:

Clear CMOS (User manual page 28)
Re-install CPU and make sure that it is attached to the socket properly
Verify the problem with A-Tuning v4.0.51
Swap with another CPU for cross-verification if possible

Tried the v4.0.51 (beta) and it is not any better.
cbor77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 5:27pm
I may have found a workaround:
Set first temperature-power point at temperature of 0 degrees.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic