ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

usb not detect after update bios b550m pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: usb not detect after update bios b550m pro4
    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 3:25pm
after i update bios to p2.20, bios detect case pc usb, but the windows is not, anyone know why? and how to fix it?
i update the bios because everytime i use xmp the pc auto restart every 20 minutes, now its fine but the usb not detected by windows 10
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 1:47pm
Dear inlaw,
Thank you for the posting.

For this case, please use different USB device and contact it to each USB port to check if the problem relate to specific USB port or device.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
NewTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 12:28am
[Used Google Translate ]
I also ran into this problem after updating the BIOS from version 1.70 to 2.20. Front USB3 has stopped working. The connected device is visible, but it does not boot from it, and in the working operating system, devices do not appear on this USB3 port.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2021 at 2:52pm
Hi NewTech,

Today we took the B550M Pro4 to test, but didn't reproduce the problem.
After updating the BIOS from P1.70 to P2.20, all the USB ports still work correctly.
If you flash the BIOS back to P1.70, we the issue disappear?
If not, please provide the whole system configuration(CPU, Memory, GPU......etc) for us?

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
NewTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:25am
[ Used Google Translate ]

=============================

CPU: Ryzen 5600x
RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 3600 Mhz 16 Gb x 2 (Single Rank)
GPU: GTX 1070 Ti

RAM work on 3600 Mhz, 1.35v (XMP settings default)
CPU work on 1800 Mhz Infinity Fabric

=============================

It will be easier for me to convey information in the form of my actions and their results.

Initially, before the BIOS update from 1.70 to 2.20, it was:
* Saved BIOS settings profile
* Everything worked

Next (Past):
1. Bios update from 1.70 to 2.20
2. Restoring the saved settings from the internals of the BIOS
3. Loading into the system
*** USB3 stopped working outside the BIOS (the problem is described in my post earlier)
*** (Spotted later) With a 50%\50% probability, the keyboard on the PS / 2 port worked incorrectly in the BIOS, reconnecting the port immediately solved the problem.

Further (Present):
4. Bios update from 2.20 to 1.70
5. Default settings and not changed
6. Loading into the system
*** All USBs work fine, including the previously inoperative
7. Bios update from 1.70 to 2.10
8. Default and unchanged settings
*** All USBs on the rear panel stopped working as the mouse on any rear port did not work, neither in the BIOS nor in the system.
9. Updating the BIOS from 2.10 to 2.20
10. Default settings and have not changed
11. Loading into the system
*** All USBs work fine, including the previously inoperative
12. Restoring the saved settings from the internals of the BIOS
13. Loading into the system
*** USB3 on the front panel stops working exactly as described earlier.
14. Reset UEFI to default settings, reboot.
15. Loading into the system
*** USB3 works again... *** Clarification: In the saved settings profile on BIOS version 1.70 USB3 worked fine, also in the BIOS settings the USB-related options were not changed.
*** I go into bios and shock. All my settings are not reset and are set exactly as they were before the reset, and this is after returning UEFI to factory settings a minute earlier. But at the same time a non-working USB3.

In connection with this inexplicable and undefined behavior of the BIOS, and as long as everything works. I am afraid to touch it and continue to carry out any actions inside it.
NewTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 12:31am
TEXT EDIT, becous bad translate:

15. Loading into the system
*** USB3 works again... *** Clarification: In the saved settings profile on BIOS version 1.70 USB3 worked fine, also in the BIOS settings the USB-related options were not changed.
*** I go into bios and shock. All my settings are not reset and are set exactly as they were before the reset, and this is after returning UEFI to factory settings a minute earlier. But at the same time, the non-working USB3 now works properly..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic