ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock H510 PRO BTC+ recognizes 2/6 GPUs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luppakorva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock H510 PRO BTC+ recognizes 2/6 GPUs
    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:24am
Hi,

I have bought following components recently (all new, not 2nd hand)
  • MOBO: ASRock H510 PRO BTC+
  • CPU: Intel i3-10105 Comet Lake 4 Core 3.7 GHz
  • PSU: GIGABYTE 1000W P1000GM Gold
  • HD: Samsung 860 EVO 250Gb M.2 SSD B+M
  • Memory: Kingston 16 Gt 2666 MHz DDR4
  • GPU: 6 x PNY GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Single Fan

I have installed HiveOS version 5.10.0
I have upgraded BIOS to version 1.30 with instant flash

The system recognizes the first two GPU slots and they are mining ok.
Slots 3,4,5 & 6 are not recognized at all.
For slots 5 & 6 red lights are burning.
For slots 3 & 4 there are no red lights but GPU fans are not running either.
On another rig all GPUs are working ok.

Are the molex connectors obligatory for GPUs 3,4,5 & 6? Like, do I need secondary PSU to be able to give power with molex & PCIe to GPUs 3-6? Or is this still some configuration issue?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:06pm
Hi Luppakorva,

Thank you for your post.

Connecting the Molex connector to H510 Pro BTC+ is necessary for the PCIE3~6 slot. It provides the power for these slots.

The below link shows our recommendation to set up the mining rig with H510 Pro BTC+.
https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=503

All the best
ASRock TSD
Luppakorva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luppakorva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:15am
Thx, added 2nd PSU and it's working now

1st slot: PCIe Power from PSU 1
2nd slot: PCIe Power from PSU 1
3rd slot: PCIe Power from PSU 1, molex power from PSU 1
4th slot: PCIe Power from PSU 2, molex power from PSU 2
5th slot: PCIe Power from PSU 2, molex power from PSU 2
6th slot: PCIe Power from PSU 2, molex power from PSU 2

cptbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cptbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:17pm
Anyone knows if it's possible to got it running using only one psu?
I got my h510 pro BTC+ and I am planning to connect 1660ti (6 of them). Not power hungry GPUs.
Would be possible to power them only with one psu? And if yes, should I be careful of something when I get my psu?
vesuvioeco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesuvioeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 5:39am
I'm also interested in this.
I'm running smoothly 5 GPU, but the 6th is not recognized on the POST.
It receive power because fans are spinning, but is not recognized on the POST and in the OS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luppakorva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 6:36am
Originally posted by cptbill cptbill wrote:

Anyone knows if it's possible to got it running using only one psu? I got my h510 pro BTC+ and I am planning to connect 1660ti (6 of them). Not power hungry GPUs. Would be possible to power them only with one psu? And if yes, should I be careful of something when I get my psu?

I did not actually need a 2nd PSU either, since 6 x 2060's take only around 480W (mining ETH around 192 Mh/s). But according to this previous comment "Connecting the Molex connector to H510 Pro BTC+ is necessary for the PCIE3~6 slot. It provides the power for these slots." the 2nd PSU is necessary. Actually with 2 PSUs the recommended configuration is to power 1~3 with 1st PSU and 4~6 with 2nd PSU (with 3 PSUs the config is PSU 1: 1~2, PSU 2: 3~4, PSU 3: 5~6).

At least one important issue is not to mix PCIe and molex connections with different PSUs, like do NOT connect all four molex connections from PSU 2 and then PCIe for slots 1~3 from PSU 1 and PCIe for slots 4~6 from PSU 2 (this way you might end up burning your MOBO and/or GPU). Correct way is to first connect PCIe for slots 1~3 and molex for slot 3 from PSU 1. Second, connect PCIe for slots 4~6 and molex for slots 4~6 from PSU 2.

If some of the GPUs is not recognized (and they are all identical), double check your connections; remove PCIe from GPU and PSU and reconnect. Also remove molex from GPU and MOBO and reconnect. And finally remove GPU from MOBO and reinstall. This way I got them all to work.

I need to downgrade my PSUs at some point but the main thing for now was they all were recognized and functioning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luppakorva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 6:40am
Originally posted by vesuvioeco vesuvioeco wrote:

I'm also interested in this. I'm running smoothly 5 GPU, but the 6th is not recognized on the POST. It receive power because fans are spinning, but is not recognized on the POST and in the OS.

Are you running HiveOS? Perhaps update your GPU driver? Other option is to flash MOBO BIOS.
vesuvioeco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vesuvioeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Luppakorva Luppakorva wrote:

Originally posted by vesuvioeco vesuvioeco wrote:

I'm also interested in this. I'm running smoothly 5 GPU, but the 6th is not recognized on the POST. It receive power because fans are spinning, but is not recognized on the POST and in the OS.

Are you running HiveOS? Perhaps update your GPU driver? Other option is to flash MOBO BIOS.

This problem happens both on HiveOs that on Nicehash with Windows.
The GPU on the 4th slot is not recognized.
I have to check if it is broken actually.
My MB has the latest 1.4 BIOS version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic