ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screw for M.2 SSD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screw for M.2 SSD?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 9:38pm
Does the Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX not come with a screw to attach an M2 SSD like the 950 Pro?
Oggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 11:36pm
Dont know about this MB, my Z170 Gaming K6+ has one m2 screw in package.
Intel 6700K@4,6GHz (+70mV), Z170 Gaming K6+, 16GB Corsair 3200MHz 2T
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Kellogs Kellogs wrote:

Does the Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX not come with a screw to attach an M2 SSD like the 950 Pro?

Is that a Z170 board, or something else? Not sure what board you have.

The screw(s) for the M.2 drives is in a small plastic bag in the mobo box. The manual for the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac board lists including a screw for the M.2 drive mounting.

Edited by parsec - 13 Feb 2016 at 1:23am
Kellogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:18am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by Kellogs Kellogs wrote:

Is that a Z170 board, or something else? Not sure what board you have.

The screw(s) for the M.2 drives is in a small plastic bag in the mobo box. The manual for the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac board lists including a screw for the M.2 drive mounting.

It's a Z170 board, I have not seen the screw in any of the small plastic bags, is it black? Because a bunch of black screws came with it and none fit the standoff, the standoff was already in place on the motherboard. It's a real bummer as I have used a metal piece and some duct tape to hold the SSD in place...
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 4:13pm
I have several ASRock boards with different numbers of M.2 ports. The screw(s) for the M.2 ports are packaged one each in a small clear plastic bag, and not mixed with other screws. It might still be in the board's box, or stuck in the paper work in the box, etc.

You probably would have better luck trying to get a replacement screw from the RMA/Repair department than Technical Support, but here are links to both:

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
Kellogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:46am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

I have several ASRock boards with different numbers of M.2 ports. The screw(s) for the M.2 ports are packaged one each in a small clear plastic bag, and not mixed with other screws. It might still be in the board's box, or stuck in the paper work in the box, etc.

You probably would have better luck trying to get a replacement screw from the RMA/Repair department than Technical Support, but here are links to both:

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Thanks, unfortunately haven't found it, I will contact the Repair department and ask for the screw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic