ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No signal dectected after cold boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No signal dectected after cold boot
    Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:00pm
So every morning when I switch on my PC, this happens:

1. Turn on, no signal detected, but it logs into windows.
2. I press the power switch, turn on again. I get a signal, but no window icons/desktop not properly displayed.
3. I restart from the start menu, and everything is okay.

This has happened every morning, or everytime my pc has been shutdown for a long time.

Why does this happen?

Mobo in signature, CPU is 6700k, using iGPU, mobo HDMI.

Ive searched google for answers, but they vary from bad PSU, GPU, Displayport, Autoclock settings, RAM seating...

Tomorrow Ill test with a another LED TV as well.

Edited by x6phenom - 13 Feb 2016 at 2:12pm
Intel i7 6700k
AsRock Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:34pm
That is a terrible problem, since it is so strange. I wish I knew why it is happening.

Has the PC/mother board and CPU done this from the first time you used it? Or did it start randomly one day?

If this behavior started recently, try to think back to when it started. Was something done to the PC that was different, a change of some kind? New Intel video driver installation? New BIOS version?

Did you install the Intel video driver yourself? Or did you use the built in Windows video driver, or whatever was installed by Windows update?

What version of Windows do you use?

What model of monitor are you using, and what is its standard resolution?

I would try the following:

Download and install the Intel video driver again. The video driver in the link below contains several fixes that may include the problem you are having. This driver is designed for use with your CPU. Be sure to download the correct version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-

Try a different HDMI cable. Is the cable you are using now an HDMI to HDMI cable? No adapters used to connect it to the monitor?

Your board has two HDMI outputs. One of them (HDMI2) has a higher refresh rate at Ultra HD resolution. Regardless, try using the other HDMI port.

Try another monitor or TV as you said you would. Try the monitor you see the problem with on another PC, to verify it is working correctly on the HDMI input.

If you have a DisplayPort cable, and the monitor can accept a DisplayPort cable, try that.
x6phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 9:30pm
Thank you for your detailed reply. Windows 10, latest drivers from Intel.

Today the first thing I did was connecting my PC to a newer (Philips) LCD TV and it booted just fine. There was even a sound (startup windows) that play.

I noticed this almost never happens on the Samsung TV. After that, I decided to run my Samsung TV first and then connect to it. It booted fine.

Even if this is TV related, it doesnt explain why the next boot has buggy display, until the third boot.

Im going to test a few more days and see the result. Maybe the first cold boot requires some kinda initiation with the onboard HDMI interface.

Edited by x6phenom - 14 Feb 2016 at 9:31pm
Intel i7 6700k
x6phenom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x6phenom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:50pm
Okay, yesterday I turned on my Samsung TV first and it booted just fine.

Today I did the same, saw the Asrock boot logo, Windows 10 logo, and before it reached the desktop signal went out. Restarted, exact same thing happened.

Restarted 2nd time, and this time the missing icons things happened, which I figured what it was, the desktop was being extended (no idea why, maybe the driver crashes?)

So its the Intel driver. I have the one from AsRock installed, which is old.

AsRock Website: Version:15.40.10.64.4300, Display: 20.19.15.4331, Dated :10/20/2015
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z170%20Gaming-ITXac/?cat=Download&os=Win1064

I went to Intels website and downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility v2.4. It did not detect any new drivers to install.

So I decided to download the most recent stable version and manually install it

Intel Website: Verson: 15.40.10.4300, Display version: 20.19.15.4300 dated: 1/28/2016 from this link
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530-for-6th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors

When I open setup, it says:

Which drivers are the latest then? If I google: 20.19.15.4331

According to this website: http://www.drivermax.com/driver/search/search_version.php?devicename=Intel%28R%29+HD+Graphics+530&win_ver=10.0&win_arch=64

The drives are dated November 2015. Soooooooooooo...

Whats the best way to install the drivers? Should I just ignore the warning and go ahead? Should I uninstall first and then install these? Use CCleaner?

What about other Intel part drivers? Ethernet, CPU, storage, Audio, they are messed up too?

Is there some known Intel protocol Im missing out? (like never install drivers from mobo) because the versions dont match up at all.

Edited by x6phenom - 16 Feb 2016 at 2:04pm
Intel i7 6700k
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic