ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboard slow to POST after power failure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctilley79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motherboard slow to POST after power failure
    Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 2:17am
The power went out briefly last night.  When I turned the computer on the motherboard would not boot. It stayed on the ASROCK screen for minutes.  After cycling power a few times, the motherboard finally entered an "automatic repair mode" where eventually the computer restarted and I was able to finally boot my machine.

Now when I restart my machine, the motherboard takes about 3 times as long to POST. After a few minutes it finally boots into Windows.  Once in windows everything works as expected, but the long boot times is not acceptable.

One thing I noticed after initial power up is that my USB keyboard had no power. After I unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in, that finally worked.  Another thing to note is once I got into the bios setup screen,  there is considerable lag trying to select items.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Or where I need to start troubleshooting?

motherboard: Z170 OC Formula
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 2:27am
First off clear CMOS, preferably via the battery removal method to clear erroneous data completely. If you still have issues after that then post back.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic