ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to install RAM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KHCloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to install RAM?
    Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 8:16pm
I have an ASRock X99 Extreme3 motherboard, I have 3 Sticks for DDR4 RAM and I'm wondering what slots I should place them in?

Thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 12:49am
I suggest you put them in the DIMM slots... sorry, I've been dying to answer a question like that. Wink

You are working with four DIMM slots, one for each channel. Two of your sticks must be put in slots A1 and C1. Note that slot C1 is the slot that is the farthest from the CPU socket on the right side of the board.

The order shown in the manual section about installing DIMMs might be confusing, since it seems to show slot D1 as the farthest from the CPU socket on the right side. Just look at the markings on your board, and in the mother board layout section to verify the location of the C1 and D1 slots.

That leaves one DIMM for B1 or D1. Try B1 first, which should work fine. You'll be running triple channel regardless of which slot the third DIMM is put.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic