ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - install win 10 in intel 750 with z170 extreme 4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

install win 10 in intel 750 with z170 extreme 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khc4156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: install win 10 in intel 750 with z170 extreme 4
    Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 3:53pm
I want to set up window 10 in Intel 750 ssd with the asrock z170 extreme 4. Bios verision is 2.9. First, can I set up intel 750 ssd with z170 extreme 4 motherboard? If so, how can I set it up? I boot my computer with window 10 OEM cd. I converted the ssd to GPT type, and install win 10 in 750 ssd. However, when it is restarted after install win 10, it is booted to the window initial set up part again. If I remove the win Cd, then the booting is not possible. So I have very difficult time to install win 10 in intel 750 ssd. Please help me.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 12:01am
Yes you can use an Intel 750 SSD with Windows 10 on your board.

Only have the 750 connected to the PC when doing the Win 10 installation, no other drives besides the optical drive.

In the UEFI/BIOS, go to the Boot screen. Find the CSM option at the bottom of the screen. Click on CSM and find the Launch Storage OpROM Policy option. Set that to UEFI Only.

Save and Exit the UEFI/BIOS, and go right back into the UEFI. Go to the Boot screen and find the entries for the optical disk drive. One of the entries should be, "UEFI: <disk drive name>", where disk drive name is whatever your optical drive is. You MUST select the entry with "UEFI:" in it.

Then save and exit, and the Win 10 installation should start. Select the Custom installation option.

Since you already formatted the 750, in this screen delete ALL the partitions on the 750. Once they are all gone, click on the New button, and the installer will format the 750 correctly. When that is done, continue the Win 10 installation.

You can also read through this thread I wrote on this subject:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1236&title=how-to-install-windows-on-a-pcie-ssd

If you still have problems, let us know. You can use a 750 as the OS drive on your board, I have done it myself with a different ASRock Z170 board, but your board can be used just fine with a 750, or any other NVMe SSD.

Be sure to install the Intel NVMe driver once Win 10 boots.

khc4156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khc4156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 5:14am
I did as you comented.
1. Only have the 750 connected to the PC when doing the Win 10 installation, no other drives besides the optical drive.

2. In the UEFI/BIOS, go to the Boot screen. Find the CSM option at the bottom of the screen. Click on CSM and find the Launch Storage OpROM Policy option. Set that to UEFI Only.

3. Save and Exit the UEFI/BIOS, and go right back into the UEFI. Go to the Boot screen and find the entries for the optical disk drive. One of the entries should be, "UEFI: <disk drive name>", where disk drive name is whatever your optical drive is. You MUST select the entry with "UEFI:" in it.

4. Then save and exit, and the Win 10 installation should start. Select the Custom installation option.

5. Since you already formatted the 750, in this screen delete ALL the partitions on the 750. Once they are all gone, click on the New button, and the installer will format the 750 correctly. When that is done, continue the Win 10 installation.

Here, after finshing  wind 10 installation, the computer is rebooted, and returned to the initial window 10 install screen. So I have to re-install win 10 infinitely. If I remove Cd, then the booting is not possible.

Please help me..

Daniel Kim.
khc4156 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khc4156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 6:41am
I solved this problem.

I made the window 8.1 midia file in the flash drive. With this media file, the win 8.1 install in intel 750 ssd was possible.

When I used win 10 and win 8 OEM CD, it was not possible because initial window install screen repeated infinitely when I reboot after installing window files.

I recomend the window 8.1 midia file in the flash drive.

Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic