ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

N3700 problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theophrastus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N3700 problems
    Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 10:06pm
Hi all. Sorry for my bad english in advance.
I've assembled a nas, I installed xpenology on a USB pendrive.
To take advantage of Synology services, I have to change the mac address.
I've downloaded and used the Asrock tool and unziped on a usb pendrive DOS but, when I type the command "mac c", the system tells "mac c bad command or filename".
I've already cleared CMOS and updated the bios at version 1.50.
Someone could help me?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 10:21pm
Do you have any experience using DOS?

If not then you need to be sure you are in the same directory (folder) as the program you are trying to run.

So for example, you created a folder on the drive called MAC and extracted all the Zip contents into it.

If you boot into DOS you will be greeted with:

X:\> 

with X being the drive letter which could be A, B, C etc so we will go with A for simplicity. 

To run mac you will first need to change directory to the folder that contains the executable. To do this type:

A:\>CD mac

CD being the command to Change Directory. You should now be able to run the command.

theophrastus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theophrastus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 10:50pm
Thank you for your quick response.
I need to explaine.
I'm not an expert but I remember a few DOS commands.
The first time I tried this procedure, I have not done cd and the system took the command: the system have told

OUI field in inputted MAC address is Incorrect!
Following OUI is support:
000B6Axxxxxx
00138Fxxxxxx
....and so on

From the second time on, the system has given the error that I wrote in previous message
Now I've followed your indications and the system have told:

OUI field in inputted MAC address is Incorrect!
Following OUI is support:
000B6Axxxxxx
00138Fxxxxxx
....and so on

To take advantage of Synology services, I have to match a serial number with a mac address.
Mac arbitrary addresses don't work.
theophrastus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theophrastus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 12:20am
SOLVED Big smile

Now I try to explaine how.

I could not change the MAC address because in the file MAC.ini on pendrive DOS  I had created with Asrock tool there was a range of possible addresses and the address I needed was out of range.
So I edit the file and enter a MAC address matrix compatible with the MAC address I needed.
Open the MAC.ini and search "Asrock OUI code", cancel the first field (MACOUI1=) and insert a MAC address matrix compatible with the MAC address you need. Save and repeat the procedure as described on Asrock site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic