ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 OC Formula - Error Code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelplogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 OC Formula - Error Code
    Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:11am
Recently got the Z170 OC fomula MB.  Set it all up and I keep getting an error code.  I originally thought it was a 00 error code, which states that you should check that the CPU is installed properly and reset the BIOs.  Did that, with no luck.  Ordered another motherboard, and I'm getting the same thing.

I said earilier that I "thought" the error code was 00, but after installing the new MB, I kept off the video cards, and now I can see that there is no bottom line on the two zeros (so they more look like a tall n.

Anybody have any idea what might be going on before I order a new CPU?
michaelplogue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelplogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:18am
Here's a picture - It's hard to see with the glare, but you should be able to see that the bottom two bars are not lit.

SuperMario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 5:39pm
Cpu faulty?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelplogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 2:21am
So I've tried two motherboards (same model) and two different CPUs.  Same error code - that nn code that I can't find anything on.

What else could be causing this?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 2:26am
2 boards and 2 CPUs with the same error would indicate the problem lies in a component common to both test setups. I would try another PSU first then eliminate other components if that fails.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelplogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 4:59am
Figured it out.  Had the wrong power supply - didn't have an 8 pin 12V ATX connector.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2016 at 5:14am
I thought power was the likely culprit. I hope all is up and running as it should be now Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic