ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

K7Upgrade-600 Audio Driver Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StereoPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K7Upgrade-600 Audio Driver Problem
    Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:12pm
Hello there, I have an old computer with the K7Upgrade-600 Motherboard inside of it. I have recently reformatted it and installed a fresh copy of Windows xp (Proffessional SP3)

Anyway I've downloaded the audio driver from your official site here: http://www.asrock.com/mb/VIA/K7Upgrade-600/?cat=Download&os=XP

And when I install it a message is displayed saying,
"Our audio chip provides multi-speaker surround and realistic sound affects, Due to the fact that your computer is not equipped with our audio chip, You can not avail yourself of these adanced feautures"

Also when installing the CPU drivers it says "This machine does not have a supported AMD athlon 64 processor"

I've got the right motherboard model as I've looked in my system information and also took a peak inside the pc to see if it is the right one. Is there any explanation or fix as to why the driver software thinks I do not have the right motherboard, Any help would be amazing as I'm running round in cirlcles here, I am a music producer who's laptops headphone jack has broken and I have to wait a while until I can afford a External Sound card so I'm losing out on precious work time and really need to set this pc up as a temporary work station.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:38pm
Check here (I selected list all) and try both Audio driver packages listed. The only other driver you should need (aside from graphics) should be the 4 in 1 driver.
StereoPixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StereoPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:09pm
Tried both of them with the same result sadly :/ Wouldnt there be a way to force install the .dll file?

(EDIT) By the way the VIA 4in1 driver installed fine

Edited by StereoPixel - 29 Feb 2016 at 11:24pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 12:11am
Make sure the audio device is enabled in your BIOS and check in device manager to be sure that it is detected, it should be flagged with a "!".
StereoPixel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StereoPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 8:54am
Audio ac97 is enabled in the bios but still does not appear in the device manger. i also have a front panel Audio and mic jacks which i have connected propely with the pins following a guide on the internet and it does not find that one either.. Is it possible that the actual sound card may be damaged?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 12:19pm
That PC even for temporary use is not much to go with.

What CPU are you using, any idea? It should list it in the BIOS.

Every PC case I have used has two connectors for the audio connection to the mother board. One is AC97, the other more modern HD audio. Using the AC97 connector is essential if you are connecting the PC case cable to the board.

If you want to try the audio outputs on the board's IO panel, disconnect the connection to the PC case audio jacks, at least as a test.

The only other CMedia drivers I can find from a well known driver source are these:

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=select&id=119&lang=en

If you start the Windows Sound option in Control Panel (or whatever it is called in XP, haven't used it in a long time) do you see anything that seems like the CMedia audio chip? I know you see nothing in Device Manager, just wondering.

This mother board does not have onboard graphics, so must have a video card of some kind. Most video cards have audio capability. If you can determine what video card is in that PC, and install its driver, its audio capability should work and should be able to be used by configuring it via Windows. It may be working now, and just needs to be assigned as the default audio device.

Do you know if your audio source can be accepted by this board?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic