ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 OC Formula not booting Debug code 00

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redalert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 OC Formula not booting Debug code 00
    Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 9:42pm
Hi,
I recently built a system using Asrock Z170 OC formula using a 6700k skylake.  The rig was working fine for 3 months and all of a sudden it just wouldn't boot.  I got the Dr. Debug 00 code.  I opened the case to find the cpu and case fans weren't spinning.  I did the usual.  PSU swap, Cmos reset, cpu reseat, bare board boot etc.  I'm pretty sure the mobo is fried but the cpu could be at fault as well.  My question is. would a bad cpu cause the case fans to not turn on?  Also how do I go about getting an RMA?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 9:57pm
If the CPU and board are both under warranty from the place of purchase I would return both there and let them determine which is at fault (possibly both) and replace them under warranty terms.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic