ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B250M-HDV booting windows from m.2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sirartier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B250M-HDV booting windows from m.2
    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 9:56pm
Hi, i'm struggling to install windows on new m.2 pcie drive (samsung 970 evo plus 512Gb). I have no problem using it as storage but would love to install OS on it.

So here's the story. Plugged in bootable usb with windows installation. Chose language option etc. then i click "new" button to make drive partitions, to be able to boot from it. It's succsesfully copied files and schedules restart. After restart i remove bootable usb drive and m.2 drive doesn't appear as bootable, therefore getting ?œboot device not found??error.

I've been playing with bios option but so far no results. So here is things that i've done. I tried different options like secure boot on and off, no effect. CSM option enabled makes m.2 appear in booting options but only as storage and if i try to boot from it the picture freezes. My brother gifted me this pc year ago and before that he was using linux on this machine. We don't know why but boot entry from linux left even there's no drive inserted in pc with it and he tried resetting CMOS. I don't know if it matter because i have no problem installing windows on hdd.

https://imgur.com/a/QtVpdgg

Also I noticed that this ssd samsung model not included in this Ultra M.2_SSD (NGFF) Module Support List of my mobo.

Asrock b250m-hdv 2.50 bios
Intel® Pentium® Processor G4600

Any help would be appreciated. Pwease Hewp
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2022 at 7:36pm
Hi Sirartier,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to clean the SSD before you install Windows on your system.

1. Back up all your DATA in the SSD.
2. Press "shift+F10" under windows installation to launch CMD.
3. Type "diskpart" into the command prompt and press Enter
4. Type "list disk" and press Enter to see all the attached disks
5. Make sure you know which disk you want to reset before continuing!
6. Type "select disk #" and press Enter (where # is the disk number you want to reset)
7. Type "clean" to delete all partitions and reset the drive (All DATA in this storage will be wiped out)
8. Type "exit" and press Enter to exit out of DiskPart

After that, we expect your system should able to install Windows.

All the best
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic