ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random freeze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xerxef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random freeze
    Posted: 19 Mar 2016 at 2:01am
I built a new pc with an ASRock Z170 OC Formula and an i7 6700K, but the pc simply freezes randomly making the screen all white or black. I don't know what to do, I've read that I'm not the only one with this kind of problem but seriously, I need an answer because I'm tired of being working or playing and then I have to reboot the pc because of that.

Hope someone have an idea of what can I do.
Thanks in advance.

Specs
---
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K
MotherBoard: ASRock z170 OC Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz 16GB (4x4GB)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO M.2
GPU: GTX 970
PSU: Seasonic M12II - 750W

EViL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EViL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 2:37am
I feel for you man, lack of response has to be very frustrating. From what I am told, this is not the support forums, if you look top left of this page there is another support link.

I had a similar issue on another PC, by chance did you swap your video card from one machine to another?

If yes, try completely uninstalling your GPU, and doing a fresh install drivers.
EViL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EViL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 3:46am
So, did a little investigating on the "Tech Support" and where that is actually located...

If you click support up at the top, that only takes back to where you most likely started.

Look on the left at the List of Menu options, you will see:
  • »Contact Technical Support
     (MB / Mini PC / IPC)

Hope this helps.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic