ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help! No onboard display output from H170M-ITX/ac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! No onboard display output from H170M-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! No onboard display output from H170M-ITX/ac
    Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 2:44pm
Hi,

I recently purchased a H170M-ITX/ac mini-itx board pairing it with a G4400 processor and I'm getting no display output from the onboard DVI and HDMI ports. I've already had the board replaced twice, but still nothing. The only way i can get a display out is by installing a PCI-Express graphics card. This is a brand new build and I cant seem to figure whats going wrong. I can't be receiving back-back faulty boards from Asrock. Can it be a problem with the processor?

Or should i just switch brands?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:12pm
Have you tried clearing CMOS? 

Troubleshooting:
1. Clear CMOS
2. Use a PCIe GPU to access the BIOS and set "share memory" to anything other than "Auto" then save/exit shut down and remove GPU then test again.
3.check your CPU/Socket for damage/bent pins.

Noble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 6:33pm
Thanks Xaltar. I will try that. 

But one point to note is that the first board that i setup had no issues for 2 days. The display suddenly went down around 20 minutes after booting into Windows 10. Now no matter how many times i change the board after that, I cant even see the POST screen with the onboard graphics. 
Noble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 7:15pm
So.. i tried all three steps. No go. Ouch

Spent more than a week trying to get it work with the integrated graphics. Returning it. Never had a MB given me so many problems.

PS: Something odd that i noticed with the  PCIe Card. The VGA output on the card worked - but not the DVI. Played with all the bios options, but couldn't figure out why. At this point, it doesnt really matter, but was still very curious though.
EViL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EViL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 10:33pm
Im having pretty much the same problem, system was fine, rebooted and its bricked with a black screen. no changes with any CMOS Resets, wont read pcie, and even unplugged all USB devices to no avail.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 11:32pm
This issue is different to yours EViL, this has to do with display outputs or possibly the CPU's iGPU where your system started out working then stopped.

@Noble

I would RMA the board, by the sound of it there may be bent pins in the socket. Most manufacturers are good about RMAing boards with bent pins as there is no real way to prove if they were bent or not when you got it. Even if that is not the case an RMA will allow you to replace the board. Then if the issue persists with a new one the fault likely lies elsewhere. 

If you still have some patience left you can check the board for bent pins, on occasion it is possible to straighten them, especially if it is only the one. You will ideally want a bright light (sunlight is good too) and a magnifying glass.

Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic